Address trace cases only
At Find UK People®, we offer a retrace service (address tracing only - all other cases including in-depth address tracing are supplied on a full and final basis) to validate that the information provided in our data address trace reports accurately reflects the data shown on UK Credit Agencies.
Our retrace service aims to ensure the accuracy of the sourced data and does not involve reworking a case.
However, it is important to note that Find UK People does not provide indemnity or financial guarantees in cases where the credit agency data is incorrect, invalid or in any other way deemed incorrect. Data traces are provided on a full and final basis without refund or indemnity cover, our recheck or retrace service will only verify the third party data sets have been reflected correctly.
Our retrace service is designed to check the information supplied in our reports against the data obtained from UK Credit Agencies at the time of supply. It is a valuable opportunity for customers to verify the accuracy of the sourced data and ensure that it aligns with the information shown on the credit agency data sets. However, it is essential to understand that Find UK People cannot be held responsible for instances where the credit agency data itself is incorrect, invalid or outdated.
While we strive to provide accurate and reliable information as sourced from Third party Credit Agencies, the nature of credit agency data and external factors can impact the reliability of the supplied data. Credit agency data is dynamic and subject to change, and errors or discrepancies may occur. Find UK People cannot guarantee the accuracy of the credit agency data, as it is beyond our control.
Therefore, in cases where the credit agency data is found to be incorrect or erroneous, Find UK People does not offer indemnity or financial guarantees. We are not responsible for any financial losses or damages incurred as a result of incorrect credit agency data. It is important for customers to understand and acknowledge this limitation.
Our retrace service solely aims to verify the accuracy of the information provided in our reports against the credit agency data sets.
It is not intended to rectify any errors or discrepancies in the credit agency data itself. Customers should be aware that the terms and conditions of the retrace service do not include financial indemnity or refund policies in cases where the credit agency data is incorrect.
We recommend considering the following options if you believe there may be discrepancies in the credit agency data and hence our report:
- Request an in depth trace: Our in depth tracing service goes beyond data and uses manual research techniques to obtain current address data - Start an in depth trace
- Wait 45 days: After this time has elapsed you can instruct a further trace to obtain what UK Credit Agencies are reporting for the updated address for the subject at your further cost.
It is important to reiterate that Find UK People does not indemnify instances where the credit agency or any other third party data is incorrect. Our retrace service is focused on checking the accuracy of the information provided in our reports against the credit agency or third party data, without assuming liability for any inaccuracies in the credit agency or third party data itself.
We strive to provide reliable and accurate information, but it is crucial for customers to understand the limitations of the credit agency and third party data we utilise and the retrace service we offer.
Why third party data can show incorrect address residency data
Credit agencies in the UK can occasionally show incorrect address data due to various factors, including errors or fraudulent credit applications by debtors which is outside of our control and as such we do not offer indemnity. While credit agencies strive to maintain accurate information, occasional discrepancies can occur, and it's important to understand the underlying reasons.
One possible reason for incorrect address data is erroneous credit applications by individuals. When someone applies for credit, they typically provide their personal information, including their current address. If a person mistakenly provides the wrong address during the application process, the credit agency may record this incorrect information in their database. As a result, subsequent credit reports or checks conducted by lenders or other entities may reflect the inaccurate address until the discrepancy is rectified.
Another reason for incorrect address data is fraudulent activity. In some cases, individuals may intentionally provide false address information when applying for credit, with the intention of misleading lenders or evading debt collection efforts. These fraudulent applications can confuse credit agencies and lead to incorrect address data being associated with an individual's credit file for a short period of time.
Credit agencies employ algorithms and data validation processes to verify the accuracy of the information they receive. However, it may take some time for the algorithms to identify and rectify inconsistencies. In the case of incorrect address data, credit agencies rely on various sources, including electoral rolls, utility bills, credit applications, financial activity and other reliable sources, to cross-reference and validate address information.
Typically, credit agencies continuously update and refine their algorithms to improve accuracy and identify discrepancies in the data they receive. When an error or fraudulent activity is detected, it may trigger an investigation or review process. Depending on the severity and complexity of the issue, it can take some time, usually between 30 to 60 days, for the credit agency to rectify the incorrect address data and update the individual's credit file accordingly.
During this adjustment period, it's important for creditors to keep conducting a fee based trace after every 45 days to monitor the updates to the residential address for the debtor to provide correct information. This is at our clients further fee bearing cost and we do not offer free retracing or further checks against these cases unless it is fee bearing.
It's worth noting that credit agencies play a crucial role in assessing creditworthiness and providing accurate information to lenders. However, errors or fraudulent activities can occasionally lead to incorrect address data being displayed.
Manual in depth tracing can override these scenarios by involving multiple manual verification of data sources to obtain a robust verified report, in all evasive subject circumstances it is recommended to use an in depth address search to mitigate any data issues. Evasive subjects will employ multiple strategies to avoid being traced and a data only trace can solely report as per normal financial behaviour at an address. As such all data traces that need further validation a in depth report is recommended at the clients further cost.
The retrace service provided by Find UK People is subject to certain conditions and limitations. It is important to carefully read and understand the following disclaimer, which incorporates provisions in line with UK law, before utilizing the retrace service
- Valid Reasons and Timeframe: The retrace service should only be utilized when you have valid reasons to suspect that the information provided in the original report is incorrect, and your request falls within 60 days of the report issue date. Valid reasons typically involve denial at the provided property with documented proof, such as multiple IDs provided by the subject who is resident at the supplied address.
- Evaluation of Requests: Find UK People reserves the right to evaluate the validity of retrace requests in accordance with applicable UK laws. Any retrace requests that are deemed invalid, based on our assessment in compliance with relevant legislation, will be returned unworked. Furthermore, if we determine that multiple invalid requests have been submitted from the same account, we reserve the right to decline further retrace or tracing requests from that account.
- Limitations of Service: The retrace service provided by Find UK People is subject to availability and the accuracy of the information obtained. While we strive to deliver accurate and up-to-date information, please be aware that the reliability of data may be influenced by various factors. The retrace service is provided without any financial guarantee.
- Amendments and Notice: Find UK People reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of the retrace service in accordance with applicable UK laws. We will endeavor to provide reasonable notice of any changes to the terms and conditions, but it remains your responsibility to stay updated on such changes.
- Service Provider Discretion: Find UK People retains the discretion to determine the validity of retrace requests, evaluate the accuracy of the original report, and make decisions regarding the provision of the retrace service in compliance with relevant UK legislation. Our decisions in this regard are final and binding.
- Search levels: Data searches i.e. not in depth searches will provide the current data as shown on credit agency and other supporting data sets but we can only provide the information as shown on these data sets and do not indemnify the case further.
By utilizing the retrace service offered by Find UK People, you acknowledge and agree to the above conditions and limitations, which are in accordance with applicable UK laws. It is recommended that you only request a retrace when you have valid reasons to suspect inaccuracies in the original report and within the specified timeframe as outlined by UK regulations. You also acknowledge and agree to our full terms of service.