Tracing family and friends
Here are our five tips for tracing family or friends in the UK, important information points to start your family tracing search.
- Full name – when tracing old friends in the UK it is far better to have a full name including any middle name as this will narrow down the possible matches found by a professional tracing agent.
- Date of birth – a date of birth will help to isolate further any possible matches with the supplied name, asking friends and family if they can remember and even if it is a year and month this can help any trace agent with finding the correct individual.
- Contact points – the more contact points the better, such as telephone numbers or email addresses, a tracing agent will not use these to make contact but rather reverse search these to provide historic address data to have a foundation to work forward with.
- Workplace – a workplace can be an invaluable source of information and the more details the better
- Friends and family – giving friends and family details will help in the search for the individual as they give further information contact points for the investigation